Monday, December 8, 2008

Chiropractor

I've been having some problems on and off with my groin since April. It initially started after doing a ton of box jumps in the weight-room. It has been really bad at times. Thankfully it is doing really well right now with the help of a chiropractor I've been seeing in Austin.

I have to say I was a bit reluctant to go to a chiropractor for my groin but it has been great. In the past I have always gone to the same massage guy named Marc, and he has always fixed my issues. I call him "magic hands" because he is so good. However, after the Olympics I wanted to try something new. I decided to test this alternative out.

Much to my surprise, most of the work I've had done a the chiropractor is not cracking this and cracking that. Actually it is very little of that. A good deal of it has been unbelievably painful massage. Although I was basically biting my fist off this morning on the table...it seems to be helping my groin a ton. So far I would definitely recommend this type of therapy to others.

I will post again tonight about the final day of nationals. Sorry but I have been super busy since I've been back...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling good. It's amazing how a little bit of upkeep on your body can make you feel.

Taylor said...

check out my blog. i posted a recipe from my collection. it's one of my all time favorite recipes for "Soupe au Pistou" (crushed basil)

It's super easy, very healthy,very filling for athletes. Try it!!

Donna Binkholder said...

Can I say ouch??? I can say though Chiropractor's are amazing!!! Glad you are feeling good. My work out wasn't exactly good today. My throwing shoulder started to act up then my bad ankle started causing problems.

Lauren Brent said...

I despise painful massages... but they SO pay off after. It's like a love/hate thing. No pain, no gain, right? Sucks about your groin (wow that's an incredibly awkward sentence to type!) but hopefully your trip to the Chiropractor will have fixed things! :)

Garrett said...

It's amazing how a bit of upkeep can make a big difference...

I will definitely check-out the recipe.

Get your shoulder and ankle checked out asap...you don't want them to get worse...

I hope the chiropractor continues to fix things too!

Donna Binkholder said...

I'm going to the doc. tomorrow. We will see how this goes. Hopefully it's nothing major. No I don't need them getting worse.

Donna Binkholder said...

Just to let ya know I got all checked out. The doctor said that I may have pulled something and he said if I do alot of lifting everyday that I could have tension in my shoulder that causes pain in my throwing shoulder he said I shouldn't lift as much as I was and to break it all down. That was my fault on that end of the rope. The ankle was a stress fracture. So he told me the usual drink plenty of milk and water and all that. He told me to take it easy for a couple of days. He asked why I was working my self so hard and I was like I have meets in Jan-Feb...open meets and i was like I have a dream i need to achieve. "He is like oh really?"..Im like yes 2012 Olympics. He was like, "Well, don't kill yourself before you get there, then your dream will be toast." I was like thanks Dr. King I will take that advice to heart...I was like no I can't die because I have people to meet. So yup this is the verdict I am okay just need to go about this in a better way!!

Sorry 4 the long spill.


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com