Monday, May 25, 2009

50 free

Last night was the finals of the 50 free. I was pretty focused before the race. My start was ok. I've been working on looking at the bottom more so my head is in perfect alignment with my spine...this will help keep my body flat across the water and minimize drag when I swim. I don't really like it because it is harder for me to see where I am in the pool...I think it is helping me go faster though so I will do it. I was focusing on blasting my kick and having a clean entry with my hands at the front of my stroke. I hit the wall at 22.9. I got second. I was not happy. I dropped time from the prelims but I wasn't happy with how the race felt and I was annoyed I got second.

Sometimes I lose sight of the fact that I'm still tired. I can't expect so much of myself all the time. I have always been a big taper guy...meaning I swim my best when I get lots of rest. I will continue to keep getting better and better as the summer goes on. I know I am going to have a great summer but sometimes it's hard to simply settle with not doing exactly what I want right now. The time was still fast but I wanted more.

Later that night I started feeling better about it. I began to realize I actually did swim well for right now in the season. I just need to be patient.

Now I'm going to go fishing with some friends at their ranch in Hutto, Texas!

2 comments:

Donna Binkholder said...

Patience is a virtue so they say. I think that you will get better and better throughout this summer and I also think that plenty of rest is also a given...if your not resting well how do you expect to swim well. Congrats for getting 2nd. Just be patient and try not to be so hard on yourself, it all get better in due time.

anni (: said...

Alot of my teammates were at the senior circuit meet! Did you by any chance see/meet anyone named aaron tipton, melanie mcclure, johnny mcclure, or bobby button? Aaron'smom said you were in the same heat in I think the 50 as bobby... I was like whoa that's so cool! I'm almost there!


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com